Are you new to AFP-GPC? Interested in learning more about the organization?
If the answer is YES! Please join the AFP-GPC New Member Buddy Program!
AFP-GPC Membership provides you access to these benefits!
AFP-Greater Philadelphia Chapter New Member Buddy Program:
The Buddy Program was developed as a way of formalizing the relationship between new members and veteran members in a relaxed atmosphere. The program offers a loosely structured setting in which to develop beneficial one-on-one relationships between members and deepen the relationships of new members with AFP. Acting as a friend, a teacher, and a guide to the real world, buddies have the opportunity to encourage and advise new members by sharing their own experiences and knowledge of the fundraising industry and the AFP-GPC organization.
Long term and short term goals of the program:
• Familiarize new members with the member benefits of AFP-GPC (and AFP International) and the events held by the AFP-GPC
• Identify long-term professional development needs and how AFP-GPC can help with these needs
• Realize the value of networking
• Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified period of time
• Matches will last for 4-6 months, connecting as many times. Beyond the program’s expiration, buddies may wish to continue the engagement.
• Matches will be assigned on a rolling basis as applicants come in.